Stay Vigilant this 4th of July:
This 4th of July holiday do not forget to Stay Vigilant! Shaffer Security Group (SSG) has your safety & security in mind! A Dallas-based Risk Management and Security Consulting Firm specializes in Counter Terrorism & Active Shooter Response.
Independence Day – “The Perfect Day for Terrorism”:
I do not want to sound like an alarmist or a paranoid security professional; but I do want to remind you to please remain “Situationally Aware” this Fourth of July. Be vigilant and be aware! The Threat is Rea!
Here are a few things to consider:
- Look for the abnormal in the environment – what doesn’t fit?.
- Have an Emergency Action Plan before you leave the house.
- Have an Emergency Rendezvous Location identified. Where will you and your family rendezvous in the event of a terror attack?
- How will you communicate (cellphones may be rendered inoperable by either LE or the terrorists)? Have an alternative communication plan!
- Do you have a “Code Word” which will ensure all your family members ‘Stop & Listen’ to what you’re about to say?
- Listen to that “inner voice” and when it tells you something is amiss,… take a moment, a deep breath, and find out what’s not right.
- That “Gift of Fear” (a great book by Gavin DeBecker), that “Inner Voice”, is based on an external stimuli that you may or may not be able to articulate. Additionally, the “Gift of Fear” always has your best interest in mind.
- Never dismiss your gut instinct or that “Gift of Fear” – it will never lie to you!
These are just some of the few things you and your family can do to be better prepared.
Below is a Washington Post article where I am asked about last years Nice, France truck rampage attack which killed 89 people. This low-tech, easily planned, low-cost terror attack is still a real threat here in the United States. This 4th of July celebration is the perfect time for a similar attack! Be Safe! Be Aware! Have Fun and Happy Birthday America!